For information contact Craig Massey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Museum has display for Cattle Growers' honoree Alisa Ogden
- Alisa Ogden made history by becoming the first female president of the New Mexico Cattle Growers' Association (NMCGA) from 2010 to 2011, after serving in many different capacities with the group over the years. With her selec. . .
Artist's paintings feature colorful history
- Combine artistic talent, knowledge of the history of the American West, experience as a cowboy, and some old-fashioned work ethic, and the result is an amazing collection of paintings that fit right in at the New Mexico Farm . . .
Museum display honors NMFLB Farm Family of the Year
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum has a display panel in its Central Corridor that honors the annual New Mexico Farm & Livestock Bureau Farm Family of the Year.
The 2014 honorees are John and Josie York of Grant . . .
Exhibit of Coloinal Home takes visitors to 1815
The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum in Las Cruces has a new indoor structure that takes visitors back to another time in history.
The New Mexico Colonial Home was built in the museum’s Heritage Gallery and is the. . .
Cowboy Days 2015
Cowboy Days rides again
LAS CRUCES – For 15 years, Cowboy Days has brought plenty of Western fun to Las Cruces.
As the festival at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum enters its 16th year, more activities a. . .
Chief Curator receive hall induction
- Toni Laumbach, the chief curator at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum, will be inducted into the Doña Ana County Historical Society’s Hall of Fame later this month.
During Laumbach’s 18 years at the museum, she h. . .
Antique Treasures Day is Jan. 25
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum is adding a new twist to an event that celebrates old things.
Antique Treasures Day is from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 25, and the museum is inviting the public to bring u. . .
Navajo wool producer featured in exhibit
- A Navajo wool grower is featured in the “Meet the Producer” exhibit at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum in Las Cruces.
Various farmers and ranchers from throughout the state are featured in the exhibit on a rota. . .
Photography exhibit shows off Museum's 'Heavy Metal'
- Richard Ondrovic will be the first to admit that he sees things a little differently than most people.
His unique perspective is showscased in a new photography exhibit at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum called. . .
Photo exhibit captures power and grace of horses
- As a small child, watching her grandfather’s draft horses work on the farm left a lasting impression on Cheryl Cathcart.
The Corrales, N.M. artist has combined her love of horses and photography and the result is an amazin. . .
HomeGrown: A New Mexico Food Show & Gift Market
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum in Las Cruces will unveil a new event on Nov. 22-23 that features the state’s diverse food products.
The Museum's new event, "HomeGrown: A New Mexico Food Show & Gift Market," is. . .
Lipan Apaches topic of monthly Culture Series
- Author Sherry Robinson's program is sponsored by the New Mexico Humanities Council
Day of the Dead Bread
- Saturday, October 25th
9:00 to Noon
New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum
Las Cruces, N.M.
Just in time for the Day of The Dead Celebration, the Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum will be baking this festive, celebratory de. . .
Ghosts of the Past set for Oct. 24-25
- Experience the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum at night as you time travel back in New Mexico history or meet historical ghosts during two exciting nights in October for Ghosts of the Past.
The popular living histo. . .
"Inside Story" exhibit is coming down
- Hundreds of thousands of people over the past 11-plus years have gotten an up-close look at agriculture in the Mesilla Valley by simply walking through the Heritage Gallery of the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum.
A. . .
New art exhibit features New Mexico paintings
Bonnie Mandoe knew she wanted to be a painter since her teens – but it took a while to realize her dream.
The Las Cruces artist grew up in California, and studied art at the University of California, Berkeley. After tha. . .
Museum Celebrates 11th Ice Cream Sunday
- America’s favorite summer treat -- ice cream -- is the star of the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum’s most popular event of the summer.
The 11th-annual Ice Cream Sunday is set for 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday, July 2. . .
Museum unveils: "Cowboys: The Real Deal."
- There’s a chuck wagon over in the corner, but before you get there, you’ll walk past a squeeze chute. There are ropes, saddles, branding irons and hats. Campfire music is playing, and there are cowboy images of from all diffe. . .
Museum receives certificate from TripAdvisor
- The travel website, TripAdvisor, has awarded the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum a 2014 Certificate of Excellence, signifying that it has consistently earned outstanding feedback from TripAdvisor travelers.
This pr. . .
Museum participates in Blue Star Program for veterans
- (Santa Fe) - As part of the national Blue Star Museums Program, New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs’ 16 state-run museums and historic sites will once again offer free admission to active duty military personnel and the. . .
Night at the Museum is May 23
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum’s second-annual Night at the Museum is May 23.
From 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday, the museum’s exhibits will come to life, so to speak. On this special evening, museum visitors wi. . .
Blessing of the Fields is May 15
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum will celebrate an old tradition with the annual Blessing of the Fields procession on May 15.
Beginning at 10 a.m., Rev. Vince Petersen, O.F.M. Conv., Pastor of Our Lady of Guadal. . .
2014 Summer Day Camps for kids
- 2014 Summer Camps!
Fun with Fiber: June 3, 4, and 5
10 AM to 1:30 PM. Open to ages 8-12
$40 for non-members, $35 for members
Learn the basics of spinning, weaving, welt felting, and fiber dyeing. Visit the Museum’s ani. . .
Museum displays honor farm and ranch honorees
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum in Las Cruces has a pair of new displays that pay tribute to the New Mexico Farm & Livestock Bureau’s Farm Family of the Year and the New Mexico Cattle Growers’ Association Cattlema. . .
Dona Ana County artist featured in Arts Corridor
- A new exhibit in the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum’s Arts Corridors features the creative work of Doña Ana County artist Peter Goodman.
The exhibit, “Peter Goodman: Changing Landscapes,” opens on April 18 and wil. . .