For information contact Craig Massey at email@example.com.
Museum to close early on Christmas Eve
- The museum will close at 1 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 24 and also will be closed on Christmas Day.
Regular museum hours will resume on Dec. 26.
. . .
Museum requesting proposals for catering contract
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum is issuing a Request For Proposal (RFP) for a catering service provider at the museum, with the contract beginning on July 1, 2014.
The deadline for companies to apply is/was Jan. . .
Art exhibit stitches together family history
- A new exhibit that stitches family history together through art is now showing in the Arts Corridor at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum.
The exhibit, “Heart of the Home: The Art of Patricia Burnett” opened on De. . .
Museum offers NM history class for adults
- The popular New Mexico history class at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum will be offered again in 2014.
Anyone interested in registering for the class may choose between two offerings – Wednesdays from 1:30 to 4. . .
Museum to showcase Shufelt collection
- The first artwork ever to be displayed at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum belonged to Robert “Shoofly” Shufelt. Fifteen years after he graciously loaned some of his lithographs for a temporary exhibit, Shufelt and. . .
Ghosts of the Past is Oct. 25-26
- Explore the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum at night as you time travel back in New Mexico history or meet historical ghosts during two exciting nights in October for Ghosts of the Past.
The popular living history . . .
Lee photos capture Color of Pie Town
- Thirty-seven of Russell Lee’s iconic color photographs of Pie Town, N.M. will be on display for about a year in the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum’s North Hallway.
The “Color of Pie Town” exhibit opens on Oct. 4 a. . .
History of livestock in New Mexico is subject of presentation
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum’s monthly Culture Series continues on Sept. 12 with a presentation on New Mexico’s Spanish Colonial Livestock.
The event begins at 7 p.m. in the museum’s theater and admission is. . .
Watercolors brighten museum's Arts Corridor
- A new fine art exhibit at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum focuses on the rewards and challenges of gardening in the Chihuahuan Desert.
The exhibit, “The Chihuahuan Desert Garden,” features the creations of The . . .
Museum co-founder passes away at 94
- Dr. Gerald Thomas had many titles – husband, father, patriot, author, educator, historian, war hero.
But Thomas, who died at 94 on July 31, also was considered one of the co-founders of the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage. . .
Museum celebrates 10th Ice Cream Sunday
- America’s favorite summer treat -- ice cream -- is the star of the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum’s most popular event of the summer.
The 10th-annual Ice Cream Sunday is set for 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday, July 2. . .
Living history plays big role at Museum
- History isn’t just memories or words in a book. At the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum, it often lives and breathes.
Living history is an important part of everything the museum does when it comes to events and act. . .
Antique Treasure Day is June 9
- They once were scattered all over New Mexico – perhaps tucked away in an attic, buried in a canyon, or left out in the desert sun.
They were of great use, all of these things. They may have kept us warm, delivered food, pr. . .
Special summer rates for kids, military families
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum is offering special rates for children 5 to 17 and for the families of U.S. military families this summer.
The promotions are from Memorial Day (May 27) through Labor Day (Sept. . . .
A Night at the Museum
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum in Las Cruces will unveil a new event later this month called “A Night at the Museum.”
From 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Thursday, May 23, the museum’s exhibits will come to life, so to . . .
Blessing of the Fields is May 15
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum will celebrate an old, historical tradition with the annual Blessing of the Fields on May 15.
The colorful, music-filled procession around the museum’s campus to bless the animal. . .
Museum offers summer day camps for kids
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum’s popular summer day camps for kids are right around the corner.
The museum’s education department has added some new camps this year and have brought back some of the more popul. . .
New show features artwork of Virginia Maria Romero
- For Las Cruces artist Virginia Maria Romero, life – and art – is all about change. “It’s an evolution – it’s not stagnant” says Romero of her art, which combines themes of nature and religion with elements of traditional New. . .
Chief curator receives prestigious state award
- Toni Laumbach, one of the original staff members of the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum and the facility’s chief curator, has been named the 2013 recipient of the Edgar Lee Hewett Award by the Historical Society of Ne. . .
Canada Alamosa reveals 4000 years of agricultural history
- A 13-year research project that unveils a fascinating look at ancient agriculture is the subject of a new exhibition at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum in Las Cruces.
“The Cañada Alamosa Project: 4,000 Years of. . .
New exhibit tells story of African Americans in New Mexico
- African Americans and their contributions to New Mexico history is the subject of a new exhibit at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum in Las Cruces.
The exhibit, called “New Mexico’s African American Legacy: Visib. . .
Museum to celebrate 14th Cowboy Days
- The whirl of the rope atop a cowboy’s sprinting horse. The laughter of children. The aroma of chuck wagon cooking.
These sights and sounds can only mean one thing – the return of Cowboy Days to the New Mexico Farm & Ranch . . .
Quilts from Museum's collection on display
- Thirty-two beautiful quilts from the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum’s collection are featured in a new exhibit that opens in the Traditions Gallery on Feb. 8.
“Stitches in Time: Quilts from the Museum’s Collection. . .
Cowboy Days schedule announced
- 2013 Cowboy Days Schedule
Ongoing activities both days: Plant sale at the Museum’s Greenhouse, arts and crafts vendors, food vendors, children’s activities, pony rides for kids, horseback and stagecoach rides, team ropin. . .
Governor's Gallery in Santa Fe displays Museum's Chile Exhibit
- An exhibit created by the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum is now on display in the Governor’s Gallery at the State Capitol in Santa Fe.
“Red or Green?” The Origins and Cultural Significance of the Chile Pepper in N. . .