For information contact Craig Massey at email@example.com.
Las Crucen Jay Hill's farm photography featured in exhibit
- The beautiful photography of farming in the Mesilla Valley is featured in a spectacular new exhibit at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum.
The free opening reception for “Jay Hill: Our Wholesome Valley,” is 5:30-7. . .
Museum closed on Christmas and New Year's Day
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum and the Eagle Ranch Mercantile will be closed on Christmas Day and on New Year's Day.
Both will close at 1 p.m. on Dec. 24.
The Museum's regular hours of operation will resume. . .
Museum adds Debouillet sheep
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum in Las Cruces has added a third breed of sheep to its livestock program – a breed created in New Mexico.
Three Debouillet sheep – one ram and two ewe lambs – from the R.C. “Punch. . .
Museum closed on Thanksgiving Day
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum and the Eagle Ranch Mercantile and Snack Bar will be closed on Thanksgiving Day.
Both the Museum and Gift Shop will reopen at 9 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 25, and resume normal busines. . .
HomeGrown food event showcases New Mexico products
- Food produced in New Mexico is showcased at the third-annual event, “HomeGrown: A New Mexico Food Show & Gift Market,” on Nov. 19-20 at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum.
Vendors from around the state will sell t. . .
Magoffin subject of presentation
- Despite his being a fairly prominent trader of his time, we actually know relatively little about James Wiley Magoffin and his associates and their roles in Southwestern trading between the early 1830s and the American Civil . . .
Exhibit celebrates Elephant Butte Dam's centennial
- A new exhibit at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum will celebrate the centennial of the Elephant Butte Dam in Sierra County.
“Elephant Butte Dam: Building a Future for Agriculture” opens in the Museum’s North Cor. . .
Community Appreciation Day is Aug. 27
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum has a lot to celebrate.
As the museum commemorates the 20th anniversary of the construction of the main building and the creation of the newest venue on the 47-acre campus – the . . .
Paintings honor Native American leaders
- A new art show at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum brings viewers close up to some of history's most iconic Native American leaders.
Santa Fe artist Narrie Toole’s paintings pay tribute to Native American cultur. . .
Museum receives national honor
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum in Las Cruces has achieved accreditation by the American Alliance of Museums (AAM), the highest national recognition afforded the nation’s museums. Accreditation signifies excellenc. . .
Ice Cream Sunday is July 17
- America’s favorite summer treat -- ice cream -- is the star of the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum’s most popular event of the summer. More than 1,300 people attended the event last year.
The 13th-annual Ice Cream . . .
South 20 portion of Museum closed June 16-17
- The "South 20" portion of the Museum will be closed due to maintenance work on June 16-17, 2016.
Repaving of the roads will take place on those days and no one will be allowed past the Green Bridge. The area closed will in. . .
Museum participating in national Blue Star program with other DCA museums
- Today the New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs (DCA) announced the launch of Blue Star Museums, a collaboration among the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families, the Department of Defense, and more than 2,0. . .
Chief Curator Toni Laumbach retiring after 20 years
- Toni Laumbach, the chief curator at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum for the past 20 years, is retiring.
Laumbach has been with the museum since its beginning. She has conceived, designed and implemented most of. . .
Weaving traditions showcased in exhibit
- A beautiful new exhibit at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum in Las Cruces showcasing historical and contemporary weaving opens on May 21.
“Weaving in New Mexico: The Ancestral Puebloan and Rio Grande Traditions”. . .
Blessing of the Fields is May 13
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum will celebrate an old tradition with the annual Blessing of the Fields procession on Friday, May 13.
Beginning at 10 a.m., Fr. Alejandro Reyes, Administrator of Our Lord of Mercy. . .
2016 Summer Camps set
- It’s that time of year again! Time to take advantage of our large outdoor campus and wonderful indoor facilities by attending one or more of our annual summer camps at the New Mexico Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum!
Whether. . .
Photography exhibit features Wayne Suggs' landscape images
- Living in the desert Southwest is like being in paradise for a landscape photographer like Wayne Suggs.
Thirty of the Las Crucen’s photographs are featured in an exhibit at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum calle. . .
Importance of honey bees focus of new exhibit
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum in Las Cruces will open a new exhibit at the end of this month that explores an important and fascinating topic.
“What’s the Buzz? Why Honey Bees Matter” opens in the Museum’s Le. . .
Museum hosts 17th Cowboy Days
- The Old West becomes new again each spring at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum in Las Cruces.
Cowboy Days, the museum’s biggest event of the year, returns for the 17th year on March 5-6. The fun is from 9 a.m. t. . .
Museum earns national ranking
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum was ranked among the Top 30 Historical Preservation Societies in the nation by the website Recollections.Biz this week.
http://recollections.biz/blog/the-top-30-historical-preser. . .